2 oz. Laird's Applejack
1/2 oz. Cointreau
1/2 oz. Simple syrup*
3/4 oz. Freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 egg white or 3/4 oz. pasteurized egg white
4 sage leaves
1. Lightly muddle 3 of the sage leaves in the bottom of a cocktail shaker
2. Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice
3. Add balance of ingredients and shake well
4. Strain into a cocktail glass
5. Float remaining sage leaf on top
About This Drink
A savory version of the classic whiskey sour.
Add 1 part granulated or superfine sugar to 1 part hot water. Stir until completely dissolved and add 1 tbsp. of vodka as a preservative. Store in a sealable container, and refrigerate until use.